Full-service SEO Sunshine Coast
Website Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). The basics.
- Optimise your website’s title and meta descriptions: The title tag and meta description appear in the search engine results pages (SERPs) and should accurately describe the content on your page. Ensure they are concise and relevant and include your target keywords.
- Install an SEO plugin and optimise it: WordPress offers several SEO plugins, such as Yoast SEO, which help optimise your website’s on-page SEO elements, including meta tags, XML sitemaps, and other optimisation features.
- Use permalinks: Permalinks are the URLs used to access pages on your website. Use descriptive URLs that include relevant keywords, and avoid using generic URLs like “page=123.” A permalink may be something like about, news, location, location_sublocation.
- Optimise your content: Create high-quality, original content that is engaging, informative and relevant to your target audience. Use relevant keywords, internal linking, and engaging images with alt tags to improve your content’s SEO value.
- Use responsive design: Ensure your website is optimised for mobile devices, as this is a crucial ranking factor for search engines. Use responsive design or a mobile-friendly theme to improve your website’s user experience.
- Speed up your website: A faster website is more likely to rank higher in search results. Optimise images, reduce HTTP requests and use caching plugins to speed up your website’s load time.
- Build quality backlinks to your site: Quality backlinks from authoritative websites and directories help boost your website’s SEO credibility and improve your search engine rankings. Contact relevant websites and offer guest posts, or participate in forums or communities related to your industry. Get listed on all relevant business directories in your industry.
- Build a relationship with Google and Bing through business listings and backlinks to their products that support your business.
- Link your site and promote it via social media, blogs and mailing lists. Internal linking and easy website navigation are also necessary to increase your user experience and SEO.
By following these simple practices, you can improve your website’s visibility through SEO and increase your chances of ranking well, driving more traffic.
More info on SEO Optimisation, user experience and design
Sunshine Design specialises in WordPress websites using the DIVI theme and third-party plugins. I love designing beautiful, streamlined websites, but it is more satisfying when my clients convert visits into business.
Web design should be eye-catching, elegant, and easy to navigate, and most importantly, potential customers should easily find them. You most likely searched for SEO Sunshine Coast if you found this page. And as you can see, this page has been optimized for that search term.
My responsive WordPress sites use the latest themes and plugins from Elegant Themes and utilise recommended SEO plugins and analytics.
SEO is a 2 part process. It starts with the content, image tags, headings, design and build and continues with the client through backlinks and web maintenance. Using both methods will improve your site’s relevance and, in turn, your site’s page ranking over time.
Increasing your Google ranking
One of the main factors to increasing search engine ranking in Google and Bing is creating backlinks (incoming referrals from credible sites such as Google My Business, Local Finder, Yellow Pages, etc.). And although you may only expect a modest amount of traffic in the first few days, your page ranking will continue to increase. And once these backlinks get crawled, and credibility increases, your site should see 1000+ visits yearly. I have seen these accurate statistics with my two sites since implementing good SEO practices.
It’s up to you who manages your SEO, but I recommend that someone regularly do regular content, updates, and tweaks to your site. I recommend doing a short course on SEO and then implementing the steps over time. Otherwise, you can pay someone like me to do that for you.
Below is a link to one of the beginner online courses I recommend and have completed. SEO Training.