Consultation & Quoting
Consultation is free, no obligation. I can’t know what’s going to be right for you without a decent conversation about your business and your budget. I provide marketing advice and all of your options to suit you before any formal quoting begins. Estimates on all jobs are based on $80 per billable hours.
- WordPress landing page ($800) (includes 1 year of hosting and maintenance of premium theme/plugins/backups)$300 per yr ongoing maintenance/hosting after the first year. Back end access available if required.
- Additional pages and integration based on an hourly rate – approx $60 – 240 per page based on content.
- Additional costs may include Photoshop, logo creation, copywriting, illustration stock imagery.
- Average sized WordPress sites range from $1500 – $3500 dependent on pages, supplied content and customisation.
- Logo design is variable – Negotiated before commencement (can vary from $240 – $1600) = 3 hours – 20 hours depending on brief. Package A most common – (based on 5 draft ideas) (up to 5 colour pallets) + 2 amends on final ideas – ($800 includes branding style sheet and supply of up to 5 formats)
- Package B (premium) – (based on up to 10 developed ideas) (up to 5 colour pallets) + 3 amend stages – ($1600 includes branding style sheet , style guide and supply of up to 10 formats/versions).
- Package C (I know what I want) – (based on 1 draft idea based on a concise brief) (3 colour pallets) + 1 amend on an initial idea – ($240 includes the supply of up to 2 formats)
When considering unusually low quotes from other ‘graphic designers’, consider reading this blog first on ‘you get what you pay for’ https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/06/10-common-mistakes-in-logo-design/
- Business card design with existing logo including 2 amends – $240. Printing can be organised but is optional. Approx $120 depending on paper stock, finish and delivery.
- Letterhead design with existing logo including 2 amends – $160
- 4-page brochure design ($800)
- 8-page corporate brochure ($1200)
- 16-page brochure design ($1600)
- Design Software and OSX training – $80 per hour in-house. (call out – $5 per km)
- Photoshoot ($160) + call out ($5 per km)
- Animation, Photoshop, Illustrations, ebooks and other unique projects quoted on $80-$120 max per hour based on the brief.
- Graphic Design training (Adobe Creative Cloud) – $80 per hour (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Web design training and advice – SEO, Marketing, Wix or WordPress, Divi Builder, how to get backlinks and other free traffic, analytics, building a database of clients. Email marketing using MailChimp.
- Email signatures – $80 an hour. Approx $50 per name. Advice on the best HTML software/ subscription-based products versus do it yourself image based signatures.
If you love my folio but are weighing up a cheaper price from someone else, I’ll see what I can do. Send me an estimate from another experienced designer and I will do my best to match any reasonable price. Forward any competitive estimate to [email protected] with the message ‘can you price match this?’ Nothing to lose, just your preferred designer.
Extras and contingencies
- Website management, backups and hosting / trouble shooting ($300 per year)
- Edits to the website after sign off – ($80 per hour.)
- Printing and stock images at retail cost plus 30% markup (this covers such things as risk management, accounting, search and membership costs).
- Client amends and changes to brief and content beyond estimate agreement are also charged at $80 per hour.
Other services include:
- Printer liaison and management
- Maintenance of social media
- File conversion
- Copywriting and editing
- PowerPoint design
- Word design
- Basic SEO tweaking
- Software training
- Video Editing
If there is anything here that is required but not listed I can advise on a suitable trusted partner to collaborate.
In a large ad agency my work is charged out at roughly $1600 a day (based on 8 hours). This covers the cost of administration, reception, IT, HR, creative retainers, strategy, traffic, account management, training, pitches, marketing, holidays, sick leave, rent, and staff entertainment.
With Sunshine Design you don’t pay for all of these overheads. You still get the expertise of a senior creative designer, but I charge for productive time only at a base rate of $80 per hour. You are briefing me, the same guy that designs and produces your work. Over 20 years in Advertising, Design and Marketing. BA Design, Award School. Friendly local studio. Free coffee.
Better communication. Better results!