Consultation & Quoting
The consultation is free and no obligation. Estimates on smaller jobs are based on $80 per billable hour and larger jobs will be project based.
If you love my folio but are weighing up a cheaper price from another designer, I’ll see what I can do.
Simply send me a breakdown estimate to [email protected] with the message ‘can you price match this?’ Nothing to lose, just your preferred designer.
- WordPress do it yourself training package – $160 – 2 hours of training – everything you need to know to need to get your first site up and running. Annual hosting is an optional add-on.
- SEO training – $160 – 2 hours training session on how to get the most out of your WordPress site – includes advise on Google Maps local search, best free listings, using the Yoast Plugin effectively, how to find the best key phrases for your business. How to match and improve on what you’re competition is doing.
- WordPress (starter site) from $500;
- Optional $300 per year ongoing maintenance/hosting. Back end access available if required.
- Additional pages and integration based on an hourly rate – approx $60 – 240 per page based on content.
- Additional costs may include Photoshop, logo creation, copywriting, illustration stock imagery.
- WordPress (premium sites) – $1500 – $3500 dependent on pages, supplied content, SEO requirements and customisation.
Logo and brand design
- Starter Logo – $80 – Choose from 100 premium fonts – outputted to 3 formats in the colour of your choice
- Package A (I know what I want) – $320 – (based on 1 computer rendered idea based on a concise brief or sketch) (3 colour pallets) + 1 amend on an initial idea – (includes the supply of up to 3 formats)
- Package B (a popular choice) – $800 – (based on 5 draft ideas) (up to 5 colour pallets) + 2 amends on final ideas – (includes branding style sheet and supply of up to 5 formats)
- Package C (premium) – $1,600 – (based on up to 10 developed ideas) (up to 5 colour pallets) + 3 amend stages – ($1600 includes branding style sheet , style guide and supply of up to 10 formats/versions).
When considering unusually low quotes from other ‘graphic designers’, consider reading this blog first on ‘you get what you pay for’ https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/06/10-common-mistakes-in-logo-design/
- Business card design with existing logo including 2 amends – $240. Printing can be organised but is optional. Approx $120 depending on paper stock, finish and delivery.
- Letterhead design with existing logo including 2 amends – $160
- 4-page brochure design ($800)
- 8-page corporate brochure ($1200)
- 16-page brochure design ($1600)
- Design Software and OSX training – $80 per hour in-house. (call out – $5 per km)
- Photoshoot ($160) + call out ($5 per km)
- Animation, Photoshop, Illustrations, ebooks and other unique projects quoted on $80-$120 max per hour based on the brief.
- Graphic Design training (Adobe Creative Cloud) – $80 per hour (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Web design training and advice – SEO, Marketing, Wix or WordPress, Divi Builder, how to get backlinks and other free traffic, analytics, building a database of clients. Email marketing using MailChimp.
- Email signatures – $80 an hour. Approx $50 per name. Advice on the best HTML software/ subscription-based products versus do it yourself image based signatures.
Extras and contingencies
- Website management, backups and hosting/troubleshooting ($300 per year)
- Edits to the website after sign off – ($80 per hour.)
- Printing and stock images at retail cost plus 30% markup (this covers such things as risk management, accounting, search and membership costs).
- Client amends and changes to brief and content beyond estimate agreement are also charged at $80 per hour.
If there is anything here that is required but not listed I can advise on a suitable trusted partner to collaborate.
The services below simply based on $80 per hour or $20 per 15 minutes.
- Printer liaison and management
- Maintenance of social media
- File conversion
- Copywriting and editing
- PowerPoint design
- Microsoft Word design
- Basic SEO tweaking
- Software training
- Video Editing
In a large ad agency my work is charged out at roughly $1600 a day (based on 8 hours). This covers the cost of administration, reception, IT, HR, creative retainers, strategy, traffic, account management, training, pitches, marketing, holidays, sick leave, rent, and staff entertainment.
With Sunshine Design you don’t pay for all of these overheads. You still get the expertise of a senior creative designer, but I charge for productive time only at a base rate of $80 per hour. You are briefing me, the same guy that designs and produces your work. Over 20 years in Advertising, Design and Marketing. BA Design, Award School. Friendly local studio. Free coffee.
Better communication. Better results!